Last day in Switzerland.. Im sad to leave and like every Sunday for the last 20 weeks, I have to pack and say goodbye to my wonderful host family. I should have been used to it by now, but Im not, its hard to say goodbye. Its been a great week in Bern, I feel like I learned a lot.. On Wednesday a group of us worked with AMI, an organization that works with unemployed immigrants and we got to know some interesting people (like a musician from Paraguay) and we got to learn more about the social system in Switzerland. We also did some artwork, which was great, (I havent painted anything for so long, I miss it) and me and Julie went around and cleaned parts of the city with two Swiss guys. It was fun! On Thursday we spent most of the day discussing about re-entry and it was hard.. We talked about the 5 stages of loss: denial, anger, bargaining or postponing, depression and acceptance. I think Im in stage 1-2-3 at the same time. On one hand I cant believe its finishing, I just cant see it coming (denial).. I also got easily frustrated this week (I got the impression many people feel the same) and its just because we feel nervous and sad about going back to our real lives soon. (anger). And bargaining is all over the place, we promise each other that we ll visit, we ll have mini reunions, we ll have holidays together and so on.. But its not realistic, when we go back to real life we ll realize that we dont have much time or money to keep all the promises. (I swore I was going back to Japan, but Im sure its not happening any time soon). I guess talking about going back helps us deal with it, thats why we spent the whole day discussing it.. In the afternoon we had "Staff Appreciation". We organized a surprise for our staff to show them our appreciation and we had a dance party- it was fun. The boys organized a "girls appreciation" day on Saturday and they gave the girls chocolate and flowers, it was very sweet of them..
Today I spent the whole day with my host family and Hazel, I had a great time.. We went up to a hill and saw a view of the city and the mountains, it was beautiful. The weather was sunny (very rare for this time of the year, we were lucky). Then we went to the Christmas Market, I love Christmas Markets.. Full of beautiful things you dont need! For dinner we had cheese fondue, very traditional swiss. It was good, very cheesy! Our host family is amazing, so generous and kind.. They gave Hazel and me a swiss small knife, that supposedly every swiss man has, with our names on it. I hope that my last host family in Italy will be as good as this one..
So tomorrow we have our last travel day.. (I cant believe it- denial!). Last destination is Modena, Italy. Its the last week of traveling and then I go back to Cyprus (after a 3-day stop in Athens to see my sister).
This week has to be the best! Its up to me to make the most of it! I want to live every second! You know what they say.. Carpe Diem!
No comments:
Post a Comment