The art of not living the present.
Discussing about death (someone's death to be more precise), makes me reach the same conclusion, every time. We (humans) are nothing. One minute we are there and the next we are not. Our thoughts, our emotions, our memories, our desires, gone forever, without any possibility of being retrieved, ever again.
Just like that.
It's the most natural thing in the world (you know it will happen to you too), and yet the most incomprehensible. How the hell does someone disappear, leaving their body behind, without anyone knowing where they are and what they are doing and why?
Just like that?
I really dont get it. And the reason I started writing today was not even that.. I was having cravings for the past... the people and the places I left behind..and then one thought led to another, and then I figured how, when you are looking too much behind, you dont focus enough on the beauty of the present... and how precious today is.. and then I thought about death, and how someone at school was telling me about someone who died...
and then I concluded (again) that we humans, are nothing. Dust in the wind.
So whats the point of it all? Whats the point of everything I 've lived? All the people I met and all the places I ve seen? Whats the point of all this effort Im putting into living, when all this will someday disappear without a trace?
No comments:
Post a Comment