Life has a funny, magical way...
One day its summer, everything seems perfect.. Then autumn comes... First signs of decay.. You ignore them.. You know its coming but you just dont want to face it. You want to prolongue the sunny days, the carelessness, the relaxed feeling... Cant be done. Leaves become yellow and eventually fall. Rain and cold come uninvited. Winter is crawling behind and catches up with you. And theres a beauty in all this, but its not obvious.. Its hidden behind the greyness, the winter depression and all the rain that falls from both the sky and your eyes.
My winter has been really long this year. It snowed heavily, it rained non-stop. I kept windows and curtains firmly shut. I slept with lights turned on, in an effort to scare away the darkness of being lonely. A ghost wandering in my flat, breathing loudly, looking for redemption. I was freezing. Keeping warm by lighting up my matches, one by one, bringing images of happiness and hope to help me through the awful winterness.
And then somehow, it happened. The first signs of spring, right when I was running out of matches. Sunrays became warmer, first flowers blooming, grey turning into green. Sunshine.
It was expected. Winters always melt into spring. I just couldnt see it coming. At some point, it just didnt seem possible. And then it was as natural as suprising ,that,yes, seasons change, spring eventually comes after winter.
And now Im ready for a new summer. And the autumns, winters and springs after that. I know it well now, seasons are changing. And they are all equally beautiful. And life would be meaningless without them. Yes, even winter.. As long as theres a spring afterwards (and there always is) every winter seems bearable.
Im ready for a new beggining!
One day its summer, everything seems perfect.. Then autumn comes... First signs of decay.. You ignore them.. You know its coming but you just dont want to face it. You want to prolongue the sunny days, the carelessness, the relaxed feeling... Cant be done. Leaves become yellow and eventually fall. Rain and cold come uninvited. Winter is crawling behind and catches up with you. And theres a beauty in all this, but its not obvious.. Its hidden behind the greyness, the winter depression and all the rain that falls from both the sky and your eyes.
My winter has been really long this year. It snowed heavily, it rained non-stop. I kept windows and curtains firmly shut. I slept with lights turned on, in an effort to scare away the darkness of being lonely. A ghost wandering in my flat, breathing loudly, looking for redemption. I was freezing. Keeping warm by lighting up my matches, one by one, bringing images of happiness and hope to help me through the awful winterness.
And then somehow, it happened. The first signs of spring, right when I was running out of matches. Sunrays became warmer, first flowers blooming, grey turning into green. Sunshine.
It was expected. Winters always melt into spring. I just couldnt see it coming. At some point, it just didnt seem possible. And then it was as natural as suprising ,that,yes, seasons change, spring eventually comes after winter.
And now Im ready for a new summer. And the autumns, winters and springs after that. I know it well now, seasons are changing. And they are all equally beautiful. And life would be meaningless without them. Yes, even winter.. As long as theres a spring afterwards (and there always is) every winter seems bearable.
Im ready for a new beggining!
No comments:
Post a Comment